Last modified: January 11, 2019
As used in this Policy, the term: (a) “Affiliate” means, as to any person or entity, any other person or entity that, directly or indirectly, is in Control of, is Controlled by or is under common Control with such person or entity; (b) “Control” means the possession, directly or indirectly, of the power to direct or cause the direction of the management, policies or activities of the person or entity in question, whether through ownership of voting securities, by contract or otherwise; (c) “Eastern Parties” means Eastern and all of our Affiliates; and (d) “Personal Information” means any combination of information in the possession of or likely to come into the possession of an Eastern Party that can be used to identify, contact, or locate a discrete individual. For purposes of clarification, any information which cannot be used to identify a discrete individual (such as aggregated statistical information) is not Personal Information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number; and
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us; and
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and web beacons.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND TO WHOM WE DISCLOSE IT
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information: To present our Website and its contents to you;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it; or
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information. We may disclose aggregated information about our users without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Eastern’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Eastern about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it; or
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
These are only stored on your computer during your web session. They are automatically deleted when the browser is closed. They usually store a session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page.
A persistent cookie is one stored as a file on your computer, and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again.
The function of this type of cookie is to retain your preferences for a particular website for the entity that owns that website. They are stored and sent between an Eastern Party’s servers and your computer’s hard drive. They are not used for anything other than for personalization as set by you. These cookies may be either Session or Persistent cookies.
The function of this type of cookie is to retain your interaction with a particular website for an entity that does not own that website. They are stored and sent between the third-party’s server and your computer’s hard drive. These cookies are usually Persistent cookies.
The major browsers have attempted to implement the draft “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) standard of the World Wide Web Consortium (“W3C”) in their latest releases. As this standard has not been finalized, the Website is not compatible with DNT.
For information on all of these categories of cookies, and for more information generally on cookies, please refer to www.aboutcookies.org.
Our Website may also use web beacons (including web beacons supplied or provided by third parties) alone or in conjunction with cookies to compile information about users’ usage of our Website and interaction with e-mails from an Eastern Party. Web beacons are clear electronic images that can recognize certain types of information on your computer, such as cookies, when you viewed a particular site tied to the web beacon, and a description of our Website tied to the web beacon. We use web beacons to operate and improve the Website and e-mail communications. We may use information from web beacons in combination with other data we have about our clients to provide you with information about one or more Eastern Parties and our services. We will conduct this review on an anonymous basis.